What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Limits on multiple sensors

Votes:

Hi,

I am trying to change the Limits on multiple WMI multi disk sensors in version 9.2.1.2280

However, when I select and edit multiple sensors the percentage limits section is there but the byte limits section is missing.

Is there any reason why the byte limits section would be missing?

Regards

byte-limits multi-edit multiple-sensors

Created on Jun 15, 2012 1:47:38 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

The bytes limits option isn't available under the multi-edit menu seeing as changing this setting could cause major issues if the units weren't defined exactly the same on all sensors being edited. Adding this function by applying general variables to ensure that the units are the same is currently under consideration, but I would be hard pressed to let you know if it will be implemented and, if so, when.

Created on Jun 15, 2012 2:21:52 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I had to changes these sensors so here's what I have done so far:

1. Selected all existing WMI Multi-disk sensors and deleted them 2. Created a new device called "Template" with a WMI Multi-disk sensor and the correct byte limits settings 3. Ran auto-discovery, choosing my "Template" template and ticked the "Perform auto-discovery for known devices/IPs"

However, this did not add the new sensor to any devices in my auto-discovery group.

Any idea why not?

Regards

Created on Jun 15, 2012 3:30:56 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.