What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor state unknow

Votes:

Hello,

We have purchased a license for PRTG. Since I added, there are some problems:

• The probe disconnects 5 minutes several times a day (State disconnected)
  • There are about 600 sensors are in an unknown status. But before, the sensor works fine

There is a way to clear all caches, graphics to start with a clean base? So I would just keep my elements and probes

thank you

cache clear prtg

Created on Jun 20, 2012 11:58:21 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
if I understood you correctly, you basically want to start with a configuration but without any data? If so, please stop all PRTG Services (Core and PRobe) then go to <PRTG Data Directory> and delete (resp. move away/rename) the folder "Monitoring Database". Then delete/move away/rename the file "PRTG Graph Data Cache.dat". Now start your PRTG Services again.
Does that resolve your issues?
Best regards

Created on Jun 21, 2012 11:49:50 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for you reply. I will test that !

Created on Jun 21, 2012 12:40:09 PM

Votes:

I have again the error : "Probe disconnected".. The probe is on the same server that the PRTG server.

I don't understand why the probe disconnected ? Have you got an idea ?

Created on Jun 21, 2012 1:29:43 PM

Votes:

Hi,
no, Im afraid I have no idea. Please check if the probe service is running, if so please try restarting the same. Does that help? EDIT: If the issue persits, please send your PRTG logs to supprt@@paessler.com.

Created on Jun 21, 2012 1:32:42 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 21, 2012 1:33:28 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Yes I have tried to reboot many times but with no success.

And I don't understand why 600 sensors is not working properly since I have had the licence and install the commercial version. It's like there is no data to query.. And the auto-discover doesn't work anymore..

This is very strange..

Created on Jun 21, 2012 1:36:39 PM

Votes:

Hi,
please send your logs to [email protected].

Created on Jun 21, 2012 1:43:18 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.