What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP Transaction Sensor not working after upgrade from v9 to v12

Votes:

I recently upgraded my PRTG monitoring environment from version 9.2.1.2280 to version 12.2.2.2157. After the upgrade and fixing the documented changes (such as VMware sensors, etc.), I have a HTTP Transaction Sensor that is now failing. This was working perfectly before the upgrade.

This is for an internal only website using https.

It performs a GET to the homepage and then a POST to login and checks the page for a particular string. I have "Store latest HTML results" enabled and it looks like the POST data (username and password) aren't being passed.

I see that in version 12.2.1.1923/1924 there was a bugfix for what appears to be the same issue.

I tried creating a new sensor with the same parameters as the upgraded sensor and it fails as well.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

http prtg transaction

Created on Jun 22, 2012 4:46:07 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
the change has also be merged to the preview version already and we hope to release the new stable version sometime next week.
Best regards

Created on Jun 28, 2012 2:44:00 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
is the website doing the authentication somehow cookie based? If so, we have implemented another fix for the sensor. But I'm afraid that is only implemented in the canary build of PRTG yet.
Best regards

Created on Jun 27, 2012 1:15:53 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, it is using cookies.

Any idea when that fix will hit mainstream releases?

Created on Jun 28, 2012 2:32:53 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
the change has also be merged to the preview version already and we hope to release the new stable version sometime next week.
Best regards

Created on Jun 28, 2012 2:44:00 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.