What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to customize a column in the sensorlist report?

Votes:

Dear Paessler team & community,

The report template "List of sensors (no graphs)" almost perfectly fits our needs. The only issue is, that there is too much info in the first column "Probe, Group, Device". How can I customize the template to only show the device name in this column?

custom-sensor list reporting

Created on Jun 28, 2012 7:31:08 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Yes, thanks, this would work. Meanwhile I found a even better solution: <#objectstatus id="<@objectid>" name="device" show="text"> This creates a clickable hyperlink while your option only inserts text.

Created on Jun 28, 2012 2:34:12 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
I'm afraid that is not possible by standard. Anyway, you might try to edit the report template to customize the report.
Best regards

Created on Jun 28, 2012 9:44:35 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I found the following line in "Sensorlist Dataline No Graph.htm":

<#objectstatus id="<@objectid>" name="probegroupdevice" show="text">

This seems responsible for the content of the column in question. Isn't there a placeholder for the parent device name? This would solve my entire problem... Thanks in advance.

Created on Jun 28, 2012 12:12:50 PM

Votes:

Hi,
please try replacing the mentioned line with the follwoing.

<#objectproperty  id="<@objectid>" name="ParentDevice" show="text">

Does this work for you?

Created on Jun 28, 2012 2:24:56 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Yes, thanks, this would work. Meanwhile I found a even better solution: <#objectstatus id="<@objectid>" name="device" show="text"> This creates a clickable hyperlink while your option only inserts text.

Created on Jun 28, 2012 2:34:12 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.