What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to migrate one device + sensors to a new prtg installation?

Votes:

What we like to do is consolidate multiple PRTG instances. This requires a merge of the PRTG monitoring databases and we where wondering if this is a scenario that is possible. If possible where can we find a guide to perform this merge?

devices merge migration prtg sensors

Created on Jun 29, 2012 9:13:43 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

hallo,

it is not possible to extract one device and its sensors from the configuration and add it to another configuration, sorry.

You need to create the device anew on the other installation.

Created on Jun 29, 2012 9:52:41 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

So if i have a trial installation going currently and we've purchased a license, but not yet installed it. Can I enter the purchase license into the current installation and then when we build the production new, can I enter that same license into it?

Created on Jul 2, 2012 1:05:02 PM

Votes:

Depending on the license type (anything other than Corporate) you can only run one full PRTG installation, so you would then need to shut down the former trial installation when the designated production installation is launched.

Created on Jul 2, 2012 4:49:07 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.