What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can PRTG show live traffic on an active map overlay?

Votes:

We have PRTG (company is Internet & Telephone LLC). I would like to set up a map of New England and plot our customers and have the plots alert when down. Also I would like to see the traffic routes.

Is this possible with PRTG? If so I have looked at the map section and I do not see how to plot the devices on the map.

maps probes prtg streaming-data

Created on Apr 15, 2010 7:37:27 PM

Last change on Apr 16, 2010 8:05:03 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

To create a PRTG map with your devices and/or graphs on a map of your region, please use the background image feature to put a map of your region in the background. You'll have to create this picture in some graphic software. Maybe also Five Free and Quick Ways to Create Beautiful Network Maps Online will help you.

Then, add map objects as described in user manual section Maps, under "Step 2".

Please note: We strongly recommend using Firefox for editing maps!

See Also

Where can I get a real (world) map as background image for PRTG's Maps feature?

Created on Apr 16, 2010 8:17:55 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on May 6, 2010 1:44:27 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.