What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do you remove accounts from iPRTG app for iPhones/iPads?

Votes:

I recently changed the DNS and IP on the server running PRTG, so now the old account I had setup in iPRTG is useless, and had to create a new account with the new settings. And I'm unable to remove/delete the old account off my iPRTG app. In past versions it was easy to modify setting and or remove them. I'm running iPRTG 3.0.12247 and PRTG 12.2.2.2157

ipad iphone iprtg

Created on Jul 27, 2012 6:59:38 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
deleting accounts should normally work. Therefore just access the account settings and scroll down. Then a button Delete Account on the lower left should apper.
Best regards

Created on Jul 30, 2012 6:57:26 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That button doesn't exists, when I scroll to the bottom of one of the accounts that does or doesn't work all I see under the alarm settings is the About section, nothing to delete the account.

Created on Jul 30, 2012 12:30:24 PM

Votes:

I agree with Jason above, there is no "delete" function to remove accounts once added to iPRTG.

It looks as though you should be able to click in to the account settings for an existing account (by touching the blue right arrow icon on the account in the list) however this is not functioning. You can only touch the account name to take you in to the PRTG account itself.

This needs fixing on the iPhone app.

Can you please indicate when this can be fixed as I have a number of test/old accounts in my iPRTG and it's rather annoying.

Thanks.

Created on Aug 23, 2012 9:49:46 AM

Votes:

Further to my post above.... this is an iOS6 issue, as my iPAD (on iOS5) the blue arrow button works as expected.

We'll have to wait until PRTG update the app for iOS6....

Created on Aug 23, 2012 9:53:05 AM

Votes:

Same issue. Just bought iPRTG and installed on my iPhone5 and it has taken me over 1/2 dozen attempts to get the setup parameters correct so that I could achieve a successful login (no thanks to NO manual!).

Can't get rid of all the junk Accounts now. The blue right arrow doesn't do anything. Hopefully an update is released soon for iOS6.

Created on Oct 14, 2012 3:22:15 PM

Votes:

this is a bug in iPRTG in combination with iOS6.

A fixed version of iPRTG is waiting for approval from Apple to be released in the iStore.

Created on Oct 14, 2012 5:05:25 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 14, 2012 5:05:37 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.