What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

:443 in Host header with HTTPS sensor

Votes:

When I use the HTTPs sensor, I am seeing in my Apache logs that the "Host:" header is "hostname:443". The ":443" isn't there when browsers access the site When PRTG does it, it's causing the webserver to serve the wrong site, which is invalidating my test. How can I change configuration in PRTG to eliminate :443 from the Host header?

host-header https prtg sensor

Created on Apr 21, 2010 1:33:25 AM

Last change on Apr 22, 2010 11:04:18 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The library used in PRTG adds this entry, which in itself is not wrong. When using the standard port, the port entry is optional. However, the library in case always adds the port number if the port being used is not port 80. I'm afraid this is something that cannot be changed in the configuration.

Created on Apr 22, 2010 8:03:46 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.