What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Add max & min values to report

Votes:

Hi,

I've got a question about the reporting. There is only average value will be shown on the table of rerport. Other information of max. & min values will just be shown on the graph. If I want to add these two value in the report. What should I do.

Thanks in advance!

max prtg reports

Created on Aug 2, 2012 1:23:55 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm sorry but this is not possible. The min/max-value can only be shown in the graph.

best regards.

Created on Aug 2, 2012 4:44:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, please include such option in your next release. It's very important for 95 percentile reports to show the customer his daily max values to compare them to the 95 percentile value. Thanks

Created on Aug 31, 2012 12:57:20 PM

Votes:

Hallo, Paessler Team,

diese Feature wäre auch für mich hilfreich, und zwar wegen der Reports zur Temperatur meiner aktiven Komponenten (Switche + Router). Ich kann zwar am Sensor die Grenzwerte einstellen, wann sich ein Switch bei 40 Celsius meldet, aber für die Statistik, um Geld freizubekommen für eine Schaltschrankbelüftung, taugt mir der "average"-Parameter in meinen Reports relativ wenig. Ich hätte auch gerne einen "min" + "max" Parameter, den ich in den Report einbinden kann.

Created on Jun 20, 2013 11:42:46 AM

Votes:

Hallo Herr Kranz,

vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback, Ihre Stimme wurde gezählt! Sie können sich aber bereits mit einem kleinen Umweg helfen. Einfach einen Schwellwert-Trigger auf den Sensor setzen, und im Trigger dann eine Script-Benachrichtigung die in eine Text-/Logdatei den Wert und einen Zeitstempel schreibt. Analog zu: How can I create a report about the notifications, alarms and downtime of a sensor?

mit freundlichem Gruß

Created on Jun 20, 2013 6:48:30 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's now 2019 (six years from the original question and request). This feature is really needed for service providers to 'validate' that a customer can reach it's bandwith limits over time. (Not just in real-time). It's just one more value to store in a database (couldn't be hard to implement).

The problem I have; A customer says that it can't reach 1 Gbps. But when I view a live graph that samples every 10 seconds, I can see that it reaches 1000+ Mbps when I do a iPerf check. But then the customer say; "I couldn't reach 1 Gbps yesterday", and when I read the 2h graph my 1000+ Mbps shows up as 450 Mbps, it downsamples and averaging the values even further !!

The 30 day graph shows just 14 Mbps at that time !!!!

This MUST be possible to solve.

Created on Jan 17, 2019 2:52:18 PM

Votes:

IT4K, bear in mind, it's not even one request per year. I really think it's reasonable then to not have implemented this, because with 200,000 software installations, we do get a lot more requests for other features.
Especially since there is a workaround here, you can run the report in RAW data and exactly show the client where they used the 1GBit, in raw "real time".

Created on Jan 18, 2019 9:41:33 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.