What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem with blacklist server after update

Votes:

After upgrade to version 12.3.1.2420 (new sensor for blacklist), I have problems with various blacklist server (zen.spamhaus.org, b.barracudacentral.org, ...).

Errormessage: Error checking zen.spamhaus.org, Der angegebene Host ist unbekannt

after-upgrading blacklist prtg

Created on Aug 6, 2012 2:51:21 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

we are looking into this and should have a fix/work-around ready at latest next week (in the stable branch). Please bear with us.

best regards.

Created on Aug 7, 2012 12:02:45 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Any news on this? We see the same effect. This sensor type works only if the blacklist servers field is empty.

Kind regards,

Created on Aug 21, 2012 7:44:22 AM

Votes:

please update to the latest version available. The issue should be fixed.

Created on Aug 21, 2012 2:26:03 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I am having a similar issue was there a fix for this? If i run one black list it work but i can't run multiple. sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org, bl.spamcop.net, dnsbl.njabl.org, list.dsbl.org, multihop.dsbl.org, list.dsbl.org and multihop.dsbl.org

it was working fine before we updated to version 12.3.4.3049

any updates as to what the fix is?

Created on Oct 11, 2012 1:50:50 AM

Votes:

Hi,
if you are using more than on server, please provide the list WITHOUT any whitespaces.
Means in this format:

Server1,Server2,Server3

and so on. Does it work then?

Created on Oct 11, 2012 5:56:16 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.