What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Wrong graph format shown (line instead of stacked)

Votes:

This is a problem that crops up a lot and has happened in many past versions of PRTG as well as the latest. Not exactly sure what the trigger is, but I think it may have to do with a sensor being paused/unpaused and/or after a probe is rebooted.

I'll try to describe it in text but I have some screen shots that make it clearer.

- problem starts with a graph (it's a sensor factory pulling data from several other sensors that are custom exexml) that is supposed to be using the "stacked" chart type. When first viewing the sensor screen, the graph is still shown with the line graph. - if you switch to the Settings tab, it shows that the "stack channels" radio button is already selected. You just press Save and return to the sensor screen. - now the graph is shown properly in stacked format.

Note that this is NOT just when a sensor is created etc, many of these sensors have been in PRTG for a long long time and over multiple versions. I've used the above process to "correct" them multiple times (very tedious...)

But at some point this crops up again, again, not sure what the trigger is. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, Tim

graph line-graphs stacked-graphs

Created on Aug 7, 2012 7:51:40 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Tim,

we have never seen this before, nor has anyone else reported it. Can you please send us the mentioned screenshots (via email to [email protected])?

best regards.

Created on Aug 8, 2012 1:54:29 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.