What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

change interface ifIndex on linux machine

Votes:

Hello, I know that issue about change ifIndex on linux machine is old and I think nobody solve it yet.

But my question is if there is any workaround on filtering in netflow.

for exemplo when I want to filter a flow by interface I setup the Filtering how follow

Interface[2]

but the issue is the ifIndex on linux machine is change when the interface go down and come up again.

how can I do that filter for interface ? maybe by description of the Interface ?!?!

thanks

netflow prtg8 snmp

Created on Aug 14, 2012 1:51:16 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm sorry but the Interfce-filter fields in Flow-Sensors can only work with numerical values, so this won't really help.

best regards.

Created on Aug 14, 2012 4:03:12 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.