What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Local probe disconnected, how can i fix it

Votes:

My local probe is disconnected, aswell are the other probes disconnected. I tried to restart it ,but it didn't worked. I restarted my server it also didn't worked. I scanned my system for errors: ------------ C:\Users\administrator>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. ------------------- I tried to update from version 9.1.5.1900 to12.3.1.2420 but it doesn't work.

disconnected local-probe update

Created on Aug 14, 2012 1:58:38 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
please try upgrading manually. Therefore, please log in to https://www.paessler.com/login and download the latest installer.
Now run the installer on the machine where PRTG is installed. All your data will be kept during this process.
Does the issue persists?
Best regards

Created on Aug 14, 2012 2:03:13 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I did it manually the update, it worked fine. Now my local probe is back online and some probes from my LAN network are also back online, i'm just waiting for the other probes thill they get updated. It is still sending the update to the probes. The update was except i guess ,my version was probably out of date.

Thank you very much for the quick response ;)

Greetz

Created on Aug 14, 2012 2:44:50 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.