What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Failover formation does not work.

Votes:

We use 1 core node in cluster with a failover node. When the core node crashed the failover node said it became the master node. After the core node came back online nothing was monitored in the time the core node was down. How is this possible, do i miss any configuration?

core-node-down failovercluster prtg

Created on Aug 17, 2012 1:43:08 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

did you move or copy all sensors from the Local Probe on the Master to the "Cluster Probe"? Because only the devices / sensors under the Cluster Probe are "shared" in a PRTG Cluster and then monitored all the time by all Cluster nodes.

best regards.

Created on Aug 17, 2012 1:55:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I "cloned" all my groups to the cluster probe. PRTG says now that there are hundreds of paused sensors, shouldent they get the same information?

Created on Aug 20, 2012 9:36:34 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.