What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Schedule Tasks

Votes:

Dear PRTG,

After the upgrade to 12.3.2.2681 the windows schedule tasks sensors give errors. The following message is what i get: Task 'Taskname' not found on host server.

How can this be resolved?

prtg tasks windows

Created on Aug 21, 2012 12:28:55 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

hallo,

can you retry to add the sensor? Are all tasks listed in the selection when you add the sensor again?

Created on Aug 21, 2012 2:24:56 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

When i recreate the sensor i get a list with all the scheduled tasks. When i select which i want to monitor and create the sensors they give the same error.

Created on Aug 22, 2012 6:40:15 AM

Votes:

Thank you for that bug report. We now found a bug that occurs, when the target system is running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP or older. We will fix it as soon as possible. Please let us know, if your target system does not run one of those operating systems.

Created on Aug 22, 2012 2:19:50 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Votes:

Hello,

After update to 12.3.3.2835 version , problem still exists. I try to add same sensor again after few seconds same error appear (Task"\task name" not found on host).

Created on Aug 28, 2012 7:37:49 AM

Votes:

Any idea when this issue will be resolved?

Created on Sep 5, 2012 11:52:36 AM

Votes:

Just to check, which PRTG version are you on now? And is this a scheduled task in a subfolder?

Created on Sep 5, 2012 3:19:35 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The version i'm using is: 12.3.2.2681 The scheduled tasks are not in a subfolder.

Created on Sep 6, 2012 7:51:20 AM

Votes:

Can you please update to the latest stable version (12.3.3) and then get in contact with us with an email to [email protected] we'll supply you with a fixed version of the sensor. I apologize for the hassle.

Created on Sep 6, 2012 12:59:47 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.