What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What does the OtherTCP sensor include?

Votes:

I am using the NetFlow sensor to monitor my Cisco router, running NetFlow v5 with all channels active and set to Detail. I am seeing a lot of OtherTCP traffic. What protocols does OtherTCP include?

channel netflow other othertcp sensor

Created on Apr 21, 2010 7:32:52 PM

Last change on Mar 11, 2013 11:39:31 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

In order to discern what further filters could apply to this data, you can turn on the Log Stream Data to Disk (for Debugging) option under the NetFlow Specific Settings of the sensor. This will generate a log file including detailed information about the flow. Using this information it is possible to discern what further filtering parameters can be included to break up the flow information in order to provide more specific packet information.

OtherTCP stands for TCP traffic not belonging to one of the other channel definitions in use.

See also:

What filter rules can be used for custom Packet Sniffing or flow (NetFlow/sFlow) sensors?

How do the channel definitions for custom Packet Sniffing or flow (NetFlow/sFlow) sensors work?

Created on Apr 22, 2010 8:00:38 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Dec 2, 2021 10:36:37 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.