What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Phone Ring on Notification

Votes:

Is it possible to ring my phone as a notification option should a certain condition be met? I am already getting emails, and that works fine for the most part. The issue is, that when I'm sleeping, I don't really listen to the email notification beep on my phone, but I would answer my phone if it were to ring.....

cell-phone iphone notifications

Created on Aug 27, 2012 4:42:55 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
you might use the SMS notofication for this purpose. Please see this manual entry for details.
Best regards

Created on Aug 28, 2012 6:22:25 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am not looking for the SMS option. I want to know if PRTG can actually call my cellphone where it will continue to ring and ring until I get my lazy but out of bed in the middle of the night...

Created on Aug 28, 2012 12:58:18 PM

Votes:

Hi,
I'm afraid this is not possible from stock. Some SMS gateways offer Text-to-Speech functions but it is not officially supported.
Best regards

Created on Aug 28, 2012 1:02:13 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I found a place called fax2me.com that takes sms text and rings phone... I will look into that. thank you for the clarification and the suport

Todd Knower CIO TimelyBill

Created on Aug 28, 2012 1:05:26 PM

Votes:

Hi,

I do not know what country you are in but in the UK we can send a text message to a land line number. This then causes the phone to ring until answered at which point it will read out the text message. It will also retry several times.

Regards

Mike

Created on Aug 30, 2012 7:16:45 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.