What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI Printer Sensor

Votes:

Since upgrading from 12.2.2.2211 to 12.3.1.2420 we now see more information on the WMI Print Queue Sensor than previous, which is great - however, we are now seeing many printer sensors show as down for being low on toner, out of paper, etc. I see that I can view the Advanced Sensor settings and choose 'Ignore', 'Warning', or 'Error' for each event type. If I select 'Ignore' for an advanced sensor category it will still appear as down after saving the settings.

Is it possible to ignore these sensor advanced alerts? Can they be controlled at the sensor template level instead of each individual print queue sensor?

advanced printqueue wmi

Created on Aug 27, 2012 8:46:27 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

please update to the latest version (12.3.3) this is very likely a bug which is fixed already.

best regards.

Created on Aug 28, 2012 1:17:10 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

After upgrading to 12.3.3 every one of our printer sensors shows as "down" with the following message - External EXE/Script did not return a response (code: PE087)

Created on Aug 28, 2012 1:29:53 PM

Votes:

Just added .NET Framework 4.0 and it allowed PRTG to accurately read the sensors again.

Created on Aug 28, 2012 1:42:16 PM

Votes:

I have the exact problem, but then with version: PRTG Network Monitor 12.4.4.3099 Is there a solution?

Created on Oct 18, 2012 12:09:36 PM

Votes:

Hi,
please try installing .NET Framework 4 as suggested above.
Best regards

Created on Oct 18, 2012 12:16:12 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.