What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Customizing Notifications to avoid sensor duplication

Votes:

We two groups critical and non-critical.

Critical will also use a script we created to call the oncall tech for any down state. It will also send an email if it is warning and or down.

The next group of devices we only want a call 7am to 7pm but emails can come anytime just like above.

The problem is in the notifications area there is no place to set a schedule with a trigger. How can I make this work?

Thanks in advance

custom-notification notifications schedule

Created on Aug 30, 2012 9:24:53 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
in this case you will have to create a additional notification and apply a schedule to the same. On the "Notifications" tab, you can set several notifications, not just one, so just add another trigger which is firing the new notification with the schedule.
Best regards

Created on Aug 30, 2012 9:41:11 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok so I am in notification BTW I am using v.12 so I can add state trigger but there is no where to select a schedule from what I can see. It just says when it is (state) for (second) apply this notification but I cannot add a schedule I wish I could. Could you describe in more detail how to do this. Thank you

Created on Aug 30, 2012 10:04:53 AM

Votes:

Hi,
you don't have to add the schedule to the state trigger you have to add it to the notification which is fired by the state trigger.
Therefore create a schedule which covers the time from 7am to 7pm . Then apply this schedule to a new created notification which is handling the calls. Then please add a state trigger which is firing this notification.

Created on Aug 30, 2012 10:22:39 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 30, 2012 10:23:07 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.