What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Windows GUI - Missing graphs after migration

Votes:

I am running PRTG version 8.4.1.2283. I recently moved the PRTG installation to a new server, following the migration instructions (https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/413-how-can-i-move-migrate-my-prtg-installation-to-another-computer).

If I connect via the web interface everything looks great. All of my sensors, history, notifications, etc were migrated and all functionality is there. However, when I use the PRTG GUI application for Windows I am unable to see any graphs. This is from any machine that I install the GUI onto. If I hit the "Live Graph" tab I see the all of the current sensor results listed, but the graph remains blank. I've also noticed that on the "Overview" tab the Status of the sensors shows a grey question mark, stating, "No data". However, the icons are green everywhere else, and I can see the up to the minute data, so I know it is there. It also seems to take a very long time to bring up any of the tabs for a particular sensor, making it seem like it's waiting for data that never arrives.

Has anyone else encountered problems with the Windows app after a migration? I've tried the basic uninstall / reinstall on my machine and others without any luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

graphs migration windows-gui

Created on Aug 30, 2012 4:44:38 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

just to check, the WinGUI does connect to the new host, but not the old one anymore?

best regards.

Created on Aug 30, 2012 6:53:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, I updated the connection information and powered off the old server.

Created on Aug 30, 2012 7:05:09 PM

Votes:

I'm not sure where the problem was exactly, but I ended up bringing the old server back online and exporting the registry keys containing the system settings to the new machine.

(https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/463-how-and-where-does-prtg-store-its-data)

Everything seems to be working again.

Created on Aug 30, 2012 9:01:09 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.