What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PGRT - IP SLA Jitter - Cisco 2911 IOS15.2

Votes:

I have read some of the other questions but still not found an answer,

I am looking to capture Jitter on my PRTG and I have setup the router as required but I am unable to get PRTG to capture the traffic on my Cisco 2911.

I am running PRTG Network Monitor 9.1.3.1793. I have been able to capture Jitter on this PRTG but it was on a 280X series router running 12.2 IOS. Since then the commands have changed.

Ver 15.2 
IP SLAs entry configuration commands:
  icmp-echo    ICMP Echo Operation - WORKS
  icmp-jitter  ICMP Jitter Operation - DOES NOT WORK
  path-echo    Path Discovered ICMP Echo Operation - WORKS
  path-jitter  Path Discovered ICMP Jitter Operation - DOES NOT WORK
  udp-echo     UDP Echo Operation - WORKS
  udp-jitter   UDP Jitter Operation  - DOES NOT WORK

I am assuming its either MIB or OID's that need to be changed but I am not sure what the new information from the Cisco Router would be?

cisco-ip-sla icmp-jitter ip-sla ipsla

Created on Sep 3, 2012 4:50:06 AM

Last change on Sep 3, 2012 2:43:33 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

can you please try if the version 12 of PRTG does help? Maybe set it up on a spare PC as a freeware/trial.

best regards.

Created on Sep 3, 2012 2:50:13 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Upgraded and now its working.

Thanks

Created on Oct 15, 2012 1:53:45 AM

Votes:

Well its working for the icmp and the udp-Jitter, I am unable get path-jitter any thoughts,

Created on Oct 18, 2012 8:09:03 AM

Votes:

This may be possible in the current canary or preview builds of PRTG. Would it be possible for you to install a freeware version of PRTG on a spare PC/Server, switch it to canary/preview-branch and then try it again?

Created on Oct 18, 2012 2:38:36 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I dont have access to the installation of the PRTG, only the management of the devices. :(

Created on Oct 29, 2012 9:21:09 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.