What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I create a map icon with the Ping status and the device name (not the sensor name)?

Votes:

Im creating a map for our network to display in a large screen. Since we have lot of devices I decided to use status map icons. I don't want disk failures/memory/cpu issues to be displayed on this map, only PING. Problem is in status icons it displays the sensor name not the device name. How can I create such a status Icon for ping sensor with device name?

device-name maps status

Created on Sep 3, 2012 12:51:25 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

just to check, have you tried the "Status & Last Value"-Map Icon/Object, it displays the Device name (and sensor name and last value of the sensor)? Would that be ok?

best regards.

Created on Sep 3, 2012 3:55:26 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey,

Yes.it works!..thanks..just a small question though..is it possible to add a sound alert as well to this? If so does the sound alert repeat every time the page gets refreshed?

Created on Sep 6, 2012 11:04:04 AM

Votes:

Sound alerts are possible, please "activate" them in the "My Account"-Settings of the PRTG User.

Created on Sep 6, 2012 1:02:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I need the excact same ting... how did you make it ??, I could use it....

Created on Feb 5, 2013 11:55:53 AM

Votes:

I presume the suggested "Status & Last Value"-Map Icon/Object was used.

Created on Feb 5, 2013 12:16:08 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.