What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Did PRTG can monitor Juniper's QOS filter traffic?

Votes:

Currently i have 2 Juniper firewall work as load balancing. Both of them have same QOS filter configuration. (Exactly filter name). It means that the traffic may through Juniper A or Juniper B.

Now i would like to use PRTG to monitor the total traffic per filter. It may need Sum up the filter IN/OUT traffic from Juniper A and Juniper B. Then present as a Graph. Is it possible?

filter juniper prtg qos

Created on Sep 7, 2012 6:04:37 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
if you are already monitoring the both FWs seperated, you may use the Sensor Factory sensor to summarize the sensor values.
Best regards

Created on Sep 7, 2012 6:18:34 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

THX.

It need to tell PRTG which 2 filter need to sum up the value manually? Did PRTG can sum it up automatically? Did it can auto sum up two filter which have similar filter name?

Can i create a graph for Office_A_inout_traffic and QOS_Office_A_inout_traffic. Even the QOS may change in the future?

eg: Juniper A filter name. 1. Office_A_inout_traffic 2. 3M_QOS_Office_A_inout_traffic 3. Office_B_inout_traffic 4. 2M_QOS_Office_B_inout_traffic

Juniper B filter name. 1. Office_A_inout_traffic 2. 3M_QOS_Office_A_inout_traffic 3. Office_B_inout_traffic 4. 2M_QOS_Office_B_inout_traffic

Created on Sep 7, 2012 6:36:31 AM

Votes:

Hi,
are you already monitoring your FWs using PRTG e.g. the SNMP Traffic Sensor? If not, please add this sensor first to obtain the traffic data. When you have done this you can use the Factory Sensor.
If you are in need of monitoring Juniper specific values, there might be a MIB file from the vendor which allow you to do so. The MIB file can be imported for usage in PRTG using the MIB Importer.

Created on Sep 7, 2012 6:44:03 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

But it need to tell the PRTG which 2 files need to be sum up?

As below, i already set the new sensor to sum up 3M_QOS_Office_A_INOUT_Traffic. If i need to change the QOS to 4M(with filter name). Did the sensor can update automatically.

eg. Juniper A filter 1.Office_A_INOUT_Traffic 2.3M_QOS_Office_A_INOUT_Traffic

eg. Juniper B filter 1.Office_A_INOUT_Traffic 2.3M_QOS_Office_A_INOUT_Traffic

Created on Sep 7, 2012 6:45:11 AM

Votes:

Hi,
do you want to rename the sensor in PRTG itself?
If so, there is no need to change the sensor factory sensor as it works with sensor and channel IDs instead of the sensor name.
Best regards

Created on Sep 7, 2012 1:02:05 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.