What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can PRTG monitor Gmail Unread messages?

Votes:

We have a catch-all Gmail address that receives all our messages and using a rule auto-forwards them and marks them as read in the catch-all inbox. Occasionally, the flow of messages hangs, resulting in a large number of unread messages in the catch-all inbox . I would like to be alerted when this is happening. Can PRTG monitor a Gmail inbox and alert me when there are ### unread messages in my inbox?

gmail prtg smtp-gmail-com

Created on Sep 11, 2012 7:51:15 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
I'm afraid this is not possible. PRTG only has the IMAP sensor which is able to count all mails in a specific inbox but not only the unread.
Best regards

Created on Sep 12, 2012 8:14:26 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.