What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Any plans to integrate PRTG with OpenStack?

Votes:

Zenoss and Nagios are already supported. Any plans to get PRTG in that group? Ideally, any new VM spin-ups or new vSwitch additions would be automatically added to that tenant's group in PRTG. At first I'd be happy with PRTG just monitoring OpenStack resources via the API. (Total VMs, VMs per tenant, total mem/cpu/storage per tenenant, other billing metrics)

automation openstack prtg

Created on Sep 19, 2012 2:31:16 PM

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Thanks for bringing this up. We are already looking into this, but I can't give you an ETA yet!

Created on Sep 20, 2012 2:50:56 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

This would be a great feature, any news on this?

Created on Jul 10, 2014 4:56:08 PM

Votes:

I am sorry to say that customer requests for this feature are so few, that I don't see it coming in the next 12 months.

Created on Jul 11, 2014 11:20:58 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Hello, not sure how to +1 a feature request but we would also be interested in this.

Created on Feb 2, 2016 11:10:42 AM

Votes:

+1 for openstack intergration!

Created on Mar 4, 2016 9:32:42 AM

Votes:

Just do not be too late to the Openstack party. Zennos, Zabbix, Nagios are there.

Created on Apr 21, 2016 5:04:22 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.