What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature Request - allow hide parameter on historical graphs

Votes:

We build some custom pages to display graph data for our entire network and would like the ability to be more dynamic in our date range selection other than what the 4 default graphs per sensor provide.

Great - there is historical graph data - /chart.png?graphid=-1&sdate=yyyy-mm-dd-hh-MM-ss&edate=yyyy-mm-dd-hh-MM-ss

However when graphid=-1 I cannot include the hide parameter to hide downtime and total bandwidth (on our interface traffic counter sensors).

If I use one of the built-in graphs (graphid=0,1,2,3) I can include the "&hide=-4,-1" parameter to filter the channels I see.

I'd like the ability to do this with historical graphs (graphid=-1) as well.

Thank you! -Andrew

api graph graphs historic-data live-graph

Created on Sep 20, 2012 4:03:27 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

>I'd like the ability to do this with historical graphs (graphid=-1) as well.

This will be available with the Canary version as of tomorrow morning. It should arrive in the stable channel early 2013.

Created on Dec 28, 2012 3:25:04 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

6 Replies

Votes:

Thanks for your question. I'll talk to the developer about this!

Created on Sep 21, 2012 8:42:12 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Along the same lines it would be nice to have the ability to have the vertical axis labels show up on one side or the other. I've got some graphs that it's a flip of a coin if the vertical axis is on the left or the right - same type of traffic.

It really throws off graphs to see them side by side.

Thanks -Andrew

Created on Dec 19, 2012 8:38:30 PM

Votes:

we will talk to the developers about this as well.

Created on Dec 20, 2012 8:33:19 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Axis position is defined by a fixed algorithm. First "unit" is on the left. All others an the right. There are some special cases liked a preferred "%" for some graphs on the left.

The same graph should always display in the same way. If channels are hidden the axis can move around because the "first" unit can be somthing else (even some later channel has the same unit as the hidden one).

A manual override for axis position is currently not planned, but we add it to the wishlist.

Created on Dec 27, 2012 1:29:56 PM by  Jens Rupp [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ah, I see - I had a channel hidden from the graph in the channel settings and that made the axis show up on the left. Once I showed the channel and am hiding it via the url they now all show up on one side.

Thanks! -Andrew

Created on Dec 27, 2012 3:25:13 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

>I'd like the ability to do this with historical graphs (graphid=-1) as well.

This will be available with the Canary version as of tomorrow morning. It should arrive in the stable channel early 2013.

Created on Dec 28, 2012 3:25:04 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.