What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Amazon Cloudwatch Connection

Votes:

I'm trying to setup monitoring to an EC2 instance of AWS. I've tried to setup multiple Amazon Cloudwatch sensors, in PTRG Net Mon 12.3.4.2993, but I keep getting an Unknown Error #00F002 in the message. I can connect to the instances using other scripting software using the same keys. I must be doing something stupid! Any ideas?

amazon cloudwatch error

Created on Sep 25, 2012 2:47:03 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

can you please send us a screenshot showing the "Overview"- and one showing the "Settings"-Tab of such a sensor via email to [email protected]?

best regards.

Created on Sep 25, 2012 4:26:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

we are also seeing the same issue. any resolutions?

Created on Aug 21, 2013 5:53:27 AM

Votes:

Parvesh, which exact version of PRTG are you using?

Created on Aug 21, 2013 7:04:22 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Any feedback on my previous response on this:

We are using version PRTG Network Monitor 13.1.2.1463.

Also occasionally (very frequently), all of our amazon sensors will go down with this message

Could not retrieve any Data. Please make sure your scanning interval is long enough and the system time of the system, your probe is running on, is synchronized to global time.

Our probe is running on another EC2 instance.

If I were to manually refresh the sensor, it will turn green, only to go down again shortly. All our amazon sensors has been very unreliable. Not sure what can be done in this case.

Created on Oct 16, 2013 11:08:41 PM

Votes:

What is the current scanning interval of the sensor? Usually when you use the scan now function you get this error because Amazon only allows for the scan to happen about every 5 minutes or so so we recommend that you use a higher scanning interval like 10 minutes for these sensors.

Created on Oct 17, 2013 8:50:38 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks. This apparently fixed the issue with EC2 instances.

However we are still seeing Unknown Error #00F002 when a sensor is created for LoadBalancer or RDS instance. Please advise on these.

Created on Oct 18, 2013 12:25:15 AM

Votes:

This is likely related to the version that you are running. Would it be possible to update to the newest version since there are many bugfixes for this sensor type in the new version?

Created on Oct 21, 2013 9:09:00 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.