What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP NetApp System Health : Error 137

Votes:

Hi,

I use the SNMP NetApp System Health on my NetApp. Today, I have this error "The storage of the device is full. (code: PE137)"

What does it mean ? The storage is not not full..

error netapp snmp

Created on Sep 26, 2012 5:42:14 AM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The NetApp creates a list of all file systems. Then it assignes a status codes to all of the file systems:

• 1 means "OK"
  • 2 means "almost full" (>95%)
  • 3 means "full" (>98%)

Then it takes the highest of this codes and returns it as "File system overall status". This value is used as indicator for this error message. -> If one of your File Systems is full, the NetApp System Health Sensor will turn red and give this error Message.

We are at the moment working on a mechanism, to make behaviors like this more transparent.

Created on Sep 26, 2012 9:54:12 AM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Last change on Sep 26, 2012 9:54:27 AM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Votes:

Thanks for the answer. I have a another question.

I need to use the Billing tools on a NetApp Sensor. I use this : "(SensorChannel(1):GetRawSum()"

In wich unit is the raw ? bits ? byte ?

Thanks

Created on Sep 28, 2012 6:27:14 AM

Votes:

Which NetApp Sensor are you talking about? We usually use Bytes, but please do a plausibility check, before you rely on this data.

Created on Sep 28, 2012 2:52:10 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Votes:

I have the same problem but in my case is in the 21.3.69.1333+ version. Before the update in 21.1.xx the sensor works well but after upgrade to 21.3 the SNMP Netapp health system give to me this error and is an false positive.

Any recomendation?

Created on Jul 22, 2021 1:49:14 PM

Votes:

Hello,

for SNMP sensors PRTG only displays the received values. If you are in doubt the values are not correct you can check with our SNMP Tester the response from your device. For more detailed information which OIDs is requested, please take a look here.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jul 26, 2021 7:18:02 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.