What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI Free Disk (Multiple Disk) Alarms

Votes:

PRTG Version 9 and version 12. When I setup a WMI Disk Free (multiple disk) sensor over a physical or virtual server, we found an inconsistent behavior.

1. ) Only first drive (C:) reports as failure.
  2. ) Others drives does not appear in alarm screen
  3. ) Sometimes figures are mixed: values from C: Drive appears as to be assigned to D: drive.

Could you help me with this? We don´t want to use individual drives.

Regards Luis

alarmmanager wmi wmi-free-disk-sensor

Created on Sep 28, 2012 2:33:56 PM

Last change on Oct 1, 2012 11:42:19 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

can you please upload some screenshots showing this?

best regards.

Created on Oct 1, 2012 11:42:43 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I am using PRTG version 14. When I get alerts about WMI Free Disk (Multiple Disk), it says the following:

Sensor Disk Free 11 (WMI Free Disk Space (Multi Disk)) Status Down Last Result 113,496 MByte (Free Bytes B:) Last Message 2 % (Free Space D:) is below the error limit of 3 %

Both Disk B: and D: are mentions on the alert but only disk D: is affected. How can I fix this? thanks

Created on Jul 22, 2014 6:32:04 PM

Votes:

I'm seeing the same thing on my installation. Was a solution ever found?

Screenshot here: Wrong Graph

Created on Jul 1, 2015 1:49:46 PM

Last change on Jul 2, 2015 7:48:58 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

rossallen,

What is the actually error or discrepancy in your screenshot? Please bear in mind, that the sensor has a primary channel, this channel serves the value that you usually see in the data tables, regardless of other channels on the sensor (even if the other channels may trigger an error limit).

Created on Jul 2, 2015 7:51:12 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.