What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG 6 Upgrade to Version 12

Votes:

It is said from the site https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/update_from_previous_versions that upgrading PRTG 6 to 12 needs a clean install. I am planning to install this version 12 on the same server but I will uninstall the version 6 first. How can I migrate all the configurations/added devices from 6 to version 12? Appreciate your assistance.

prtg version12 version6

Created on Sep 30, 2012 2:55:52 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

hallo,

data migration from version 6 to version 12 is not supported, sorry.

You can run both programs at the same time on one server. It is not recommended, but it works.

So there is no need to uninstall or turn of your PRTG 6 installation.

Created on Sep 30, 2012 8:25:28 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Do you mean, I need to add all of the sensors/nodes? If that is the case, could you provide me procedures and tips so I can save time and effort adding sensors/nodes?

Created on Sep 30, 2012 10:11:40 PM

Votes:

PRTG12 includes auto discovery options where you can auto discover your network.

Created on Oct 1, 2012 6:37:31 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.