What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Paesslers WMI-Tester is working. Why is the WMI-sensor don't work?

Votes:

After the WMI-Sensor in PRTG doesn't work (PE015), i tried the Praesslers WMI-Tester and it is working fine. I used the same settings in Paesslers "PRTG Network Monitor". What can I do, to get the Sensors in PRTG running?

prtg wmi wmi-tester

Created on Apr 27, 2010 9:03:45 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

There is a significant difference between running the WMI Tester under your account and PRTGs Probe, which usually runs under the "LOCAL SYSTEM"-Account. Often the latter does not have the same (and, thus, sufficient) permissions, as the account under which the Tester is executed to perform a quick test. A first approach might be to run PRTG's probe under another account than the said LOCAL SYSTEM.

Secondly, did you already try using the FQDN instead of the IP address in the device settings, as outlined in Nick's answer to the question What can I do about “Connection could not be established” errors on my WMI sensors?—From our experience with other customers we know that this often solves the issue.

Created on Apr 27, 2010 9:58:04 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Apr 27, 2010 12:14:23 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.