We are running PRTG version 8. We have Parent/Child dependencies set up where all Child Sensors on a Device will pause once the Ping Sensor (Parent) enters into a DOWN state. This works as expected, however, the Child Sensors don't get paused until the Parent Sensor goes DOWN (again, this is as expected). This being the case, we still receive a large amount of alerts from the Child Sensors until the Parent (Ping) Sensor goes through it's next check. This is the bahavior we'd like to see happen:
- Host A goes down.
- Memory Sensor is the next Sensor that gets checked.
- Memory Sensor does NOT send a DOWN alert, instead it requests the Parent (Ping) Sensor to run.
- If the Parent (Ping) Sensor
- is UP, send an alert for Memory Sensor.
- is DOWN, send an alert that the Ping Sensor is DOWN and put all Child Sensors into "Paused" mode.
Is this something that's supported in version 8?