What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I change email encoding type

Votes:

I need to change the email encoding type. Currently it is defaulted to UTF-8, but due to the technical limitations on the other side of an automated system in our NOC I need to change the encoding type to us-ascii. I searched the install directory for that text but didn't find anything that corresponded to the email template. Is there a configuration that I can edit to change this? I found several xml documents that aren't tied to the email that I could change if I wanted to, and did, but did not change the outbound email type.

ascii charset email

Created on Oct 4, 2012 6:27:16 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

hallo,

this is hard coded into the software at the moment and can not be changed, sorry.

Created on Oct 5, 2012 7:35:08 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.