What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

AJAX Request Failed PE1001

Votes:

I'm trying to add SNMP sensors to an APC UPS device from "SNMP APC Hardware" sensor type when I receive the error shown above in the lower right corner of the screen. This error occurs whether I attempt to add the sensor through the WEB interface, or directly through the Enterprise Console on the Server itself. The error continues to say:" /controls/addsensor2.htm?id=8735&sensortype=snmpapcups (400 Bad Request) "

We have several units that need sensors added. Please assist on this issue.

Thank you!

apc snmp snmp-library

Created on Oct 4, 2012 9:19:08 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
this seems to be a bug with the oidlib used. We are investigating the issue and hoping to provide a fix soon. In the meantime, please use auto-discovery to add the device which should work as well.
Best regards

Created on Oct 5, 2012 7:07:23 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your response. Just to add some details to this thread:

This issue started after an upgrade to the latest STABLE version of PRTG done last week - it worked before the upgrade. The APC UNIVERSAL oidlib was from a mib I downloaded from APC's website and imported using PRTG MIB Importer.

I tried to add this sensor again this morning and it worked --- Perhaps an intermittent issue? It worked one time, but not a second or third time.

Thanks again for your work! Tim.

Created on Oct 5, 2012 1:23:44 PM

Votes:

Hi Tim,
thank you for the additional information. We had a team meeting right before and we think we found the issue and will release a bugfix as soon as possible.
Thank you again for the information.

Best regards

Created on Oct 5, 2012 1:27:25 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This happend when we went to Version 12.4.4.3084/3085 [Preview]. Will the bug fix be in the next release in the Preview channel or available otherwise?

Created on Oct 15, 2012 7:59:44 PM

Votes:

Hi,
yes, the issue will be fixed with the new release.
Best regards

Created on Oct 16, 2012 5:58:02 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.