What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

2 Questions for Maps

Votes:

Hi all,

I need to know 2 things in the Map Desinger area:

1. If I add a geo map, how can i show multiple devices on it?

2. I am using live graphs (small Fonts) to monitor response times of SQL queries. Often these queries take longer than the defined error threshold. I get an alarm in the normal PRTG Device view, but not on the livegraph in the map? What is the error here?

Thanks!

error geo-maps maps

Created on Oct 8, 2012 1:07:33 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm sorry but could you please upload a few screenshots that show this issue?

best regards.

Created on Oct 8, 2012 3:11:38 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

For 1: In Map designer, when i highlight 2 items in the device tree(using STRG/CTRL) with different geo locations and then drag a geo map object on to the map, it will only show the location of one device. Can i have multiple devices on one geomap like for example it is used when you show your normal device tree under "Devices" in the top navigation?

For 2: The first picture shows the Responsetime channel config for the live graph shown in the second picture which was taken from a PRTG Map build with the Map Designer:

Channel config Live Graph taken from PRTG Map

As the upper error limit has been reached, I would expect an visual indication in the live graph.

Created on Oct 9, 2012 8:36:41 AM

Votes:

1. This is not possible, the Geo-Map-object only can be used with one object of the device tree. This can be a group of devices or one device or one sensor. But you cannot select several devices (or groups) to be used with one map object. This does generally not work, not with graphs for example. You need then to have a higher group that you can use with the Geo-Map-object that includes both devices.

2. This is not possible, sorry. The graph does not change color or similar when limits are reached.

Created on Oct 9, 2012 12:51:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.