What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Print Sensors show as down

Votes:

After upgrading to 12.3.3.2855 every one of our printer sensors shows as "down" with the following message - External EXE/Script did not return a response (code: PE087.) This was not a problem and all was working prior to upgrade. Any suggestions?

print-sensor prtg wmi

Created on Oct 12, 2012 12:40:25 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

how many of those sensors do you have? With which scanning intervals? And from which version did you update to 12.3.3?

best regards.

Created on Oct 12, 2012 2:16:22 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry for the delayed response, I 11 of these sensors, scannign interval is 60 seconds, and I upgraded from 12.2.1.2041

Created on Oct 16, 2012 9:22:29 PM

Votes:

Can you please for a test try setting the scanning interval to 5 minutes?

Created on Oct 17, 2012 9:06:00 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I appreciate your help on this; I set the scanning interval to 5 minutes but they still look to be timing out. Do you think it would be better to place a remote probe on this server? I've kind of gone through the other reasons why this would be failing and it seems to have all of the prerequisites installed.

Host being monitored is Windows Server 2008 R2 Std, 64bit, SP1

Created on Oct 18, 2012 8:10:40 PM

Votes:

Yes, please try with a remote probe and let us know if that helped.

Created on Oct 19, 2012 9:04:32 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.