What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error reading response: missing /prtg

Votes:

I am monitoring a number of VMware hosts with PRTG (build 12.3.3.2855). The VMware devices are monitored by a remote PRTG probe in the same site (and IP subnet) as the VMware hosts.

I am decommissioning the server the PRTG probe is installed on, so have installed a new remote PRTG probe in the same site. When I move the devices to the new probe many of the sensors alarm with the message "Error reading response: missing /prtg". If I move the device back to the original probe then the alarms clear.

Both remote probes are running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard in 64bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks

esxi probe prtg remote-probe vmware

Created on Oct 15, 2012 9:54:43 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
please check if the .NET Framework 4 is installed on the "new" probe machine.
If not, please install the same and the error should clear.
Best regards

Created on Oct 15, 2012 9:58:42 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, I installed .NET 4 and that's fixed the problem!

Many thanks for the super-fast response!

Best regards Paul

Created on Oct 15, 2012 10:15:03 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.