What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

ASA netflow vs. snmp statistics

Votes:

Hi,

I´m reading the bandwith information on my ASA 5510 8.2.(5) outside interface with snmp and when I take historical data for the last 24 hours I see a total volume of 7.6Gb.

I also send netflow (9) data from my ASA to PRTG with a ACL ANY ANY IP, so it covers all interfaces and all traffic. Looking at historical data for the last 24 hours within the same periode I only see total volume of 3.7Gb.

PRTG is version: PRTG Network Monitor 12.3.4.2993

Why do I see nearly a double in traffic with snmp?

Regards Robert

historical-data netflow snmp

Created on Oct 18, 2012 11:12:27 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Please have a look at Is it possible to monitor Cisco ASA Firewalls using Netflow 9 and PRTG? and refer to How to monitor Cisco ASA Firewalls using NetFlow 9 and PRTG? for detailed information on this and on how to monitor the ASA using NetFlow 9.

Created on Oct 18, 2012 12:02:00 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hi,

Thank you. I´ll see, then due to the fact how Cisco netflow 9 works it can be hard to compare traffic flow /amount if you have long running sessions on you ASA device, like RDP.

Regards Robert

Created on Oct 19, 2012 8:23:19 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.