What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

blinking green

Votes:

why does the tray icon blink greeen where there are no alerts, no todos, and no log enties. i've even set the tray not to blink unless there is an alert. please advise.

blink green tray

Created on Oct 19, 2012 2:40:39 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

maybe there are new ToDos?

Created on Oct 21, 2012 8:21:29 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

ZERO TO-DO'S

Created on Oct 21, 2012 9:54:34 PM

Votes:

you are using the Enterprise Console or another Tray Tool?

Created on Oct 22, 2012 7:44:07 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

not sure i understand your response. the enterprise console is a console that i use and im also using the tray tool to keep me informed via the windows 7 notification area. If the tray icon blinks green all the time i'm going to ignore it. So when it starts blinking red i'm more likely to look past it. plus its very annoying. Is there anyone from paessler who can help stop my tray icon from blinking green? Under the options, system setting, for the try icon what does "clear tray blink notificatin automatically" mean? If i check this setting, i don't want it to clear a red blink until i investigate the red blink...

Created on Oct 22, 2012 3:30:24 PM

Votes:

Hallo,

I was just asking because there is anotehr tray tool available written from one of our customers

http://code.google.com/p/prtg-addons/downloads/detail?name=PTF.TrayNotifier.zip&can=2&q=

In the Enterprise Console please check your settings for when the tray icon should blink and disable for all but alarms.

Created on Oct 23, 2012 5:13:56 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.