What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor whitespace in Exchange 2010 DAGS

Votes:

Our Exchange 2010 estate is set across 10 databases on 2 mailbox servers using DAGs, with half active on each mailbox server.

We have asked users to perform housekeeping on their mailboxes and'freed up' GBs of space. The mailboxes are on mount points and we use an cloud based backup solution so we do not really want to re-seed, crate new mailstores etc.

Is there a way to use PRTG with WMI/SNMP to monitor whitespace within mailstores. I am currently on atrial version of PRTG and find it to a great piece of software, but this could be the clincher for my manager signing off a P/O :)

Thanks in advance

Steve

exchange monitorebiktio-signing snmp whitespace wmi

Created on Oct 19, 2012 3:39:04 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

we will add a couple of new sensors soon that will give you more information on your exchange and the databases.

The sensors are poweshell based.

Still there will be no sensor out of the box that will let you know what you are looking for.

If you now a powerschell query that gives you the result you are looking for let us know.

Created on Oct 21, 2012 8:18:54 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's been more than 4 years for your reply to this request, and yet there's no sensor to monitor the WhiteSpace in Exchange DB. We have purchased a license 10 months ago, we're satisfied with PRTG but we want more sensors, I've looked all over the internet for someone who might managed to make a custom sensor to monitor WhiteSpace but there's nothing. Even in some articles here I couldn't find step by step way to do that.

Created on Mar 1, 2017 12:52:46 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please have a look at the following site to monitor the whitespace of certain Exchange Databases: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/63229-how-can-i-monitor-additional-values-of-exchange-databases

Best regards.

Created on Mar 1, 2017 1:57:40 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.