What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

working with parallels virtuozzo containers?

Votes:

Hey folks

I got asked if I'm using vmware virtualisation technolgy during the installation guru. We're not using VMWare. My company uses Parallels Virtuozzo Containers. My question is if this software would run there as nice as I have tested it in my private domain network. I'm asking and not testing because I don't have adin permissions for the company network and would like to hear thoughts before I tell my boss about this beautiful software.

kind regards

parallels prtg virtualiza virtuozzo

Created on Oct 22, 2012 9:03:19 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hallo,

you want to run PRTG in a Virtuozzo Container or you want to monitor your Containers?

PRTG runs fine in Virtuozo Containers. We use those for testing in our lab as well.

Created on Oct 22, 2012 9:09:37 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello/Hallo

I would like to do both if possible, it depends on the structure of customer networks. Running in a container to monitor containers and all the other devices in the network :-)

Created on Oct 22, 2012 9:13:01 AM

Votes:

running PRTG in a container is no problem.

monitoring Virtuozzo with native sensors is deprecated as of PRTG version 16.1.23

Created on Oct 22, 2012 10:15:42 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 21, 2016 4:32:05 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.