What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG using SNMP on Lancom 1711+

Votes:

I have an Lancom 1711+ that i like to read out using the SNMP protocol. I tried almost anything but i do not get the Lancom to use with SNMP. i already downloaded the MIB file and converted it to the oid file and imported this in the PRTG libary.

1. Wich SNMP version should i use? 2. if not version 3 where can i put in the password and user name. 3. wich comminity name should i use or can i just do it random? 4. does someone else have it running, if so please let me know wich stepts you followed. 5. or do we need to use trapped snmp?

Best Regards,

1711 lancom prtg9

Created on Oct 22, 2012 10:31:57 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
I'm afraid I am not very familiar with the mentioned device,but I will try to provide some basic troubleshooting.
1. Wich SNMP version should i use?
-> If you can choose, use SNMPv2
2. if not version 3 where can i put in the password and user name.
-> SNMP does not need any authentication (except community string) and the SNMP Settings can be done in the device settings
3. wich comminity name should i use or can i just do it random?
-> as this is basically your password, you might choose here whatever you want
4. does someone else have it running, if so please let me know wich stepts you followed.
-> I will leave this one open to the other users
5. or do we need to use trapped snmp?
-> no, traps should not be used here
For further troubleshooting you might use the SNMP Tester.
Best regards

Created on Oct 22, 2012 1:32:52 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.