What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Last Windows update sensor

Votes:

Hi,

We have a problem with the Last Windows Update sensor.

The error is: 0: Could not determine the last time Windows Update has updated computer 127.0.0.1

The Server is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows updates are working correctly. I can confirm that Remote Registry service has started. I have tried using different administrative credentials, the firewall is also turned off.

I have check the other posts but as yet it is still not working.

Any help would be great.

prtg windows-2008-r2-sp1 wmi

Created on Oct 26, 2012 5:14:54 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Important note: The Windows Last Update (Remote Registry) sensor is deprecated as of PRTG version 16.1.23.

Please see the following article for more details and possible alternatives:

Created on Mar 21, 2016 4:59:08 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

12 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

which exact version of PRTG are you using? It seems you are running the sensor on the (Local) Probe Device? And want to scan the localhost (127.0.0.1) is this correct?

best regards.

Created on Oct 26, 2012 2:47:56 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi thanks for the reply,

We are using version 9, and this server is also the probe, and yes we want to scan itself for last windows updates

Kind Regards

Created on Oct 28, 2012 10:18:25 PM

Votes:

Hi,

I can confirm that the sensor is on the probe device and that we want to scan the localhost. The PRTG version is: 9

Many Thanks

Created on Nov 1, 2012 5:18:15 AM

Votes:

Are the updates installed automatically? Or only downloaded automatically and installed manually?

Created on Nov 1, 2012 2:19:02 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The windows updates are set to install automatically everyday at 3AM

Created on Nov 1, 2012 10:13:30 PM

Votes:

Hi,

The updates are set to install automatically.

Many thanks

Created on Nov 5, 2012 3:26:29 AM

Votes:

Can you please update to PRTG 12 first? We need to ensure that this is not an issue, which is already fixed.

Created on Nov 5, 2012 12:08:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I have upgraded to probe but the problem still exists.

Many thanks

Created on Nov 7, 2012 5:25:40 AM

Votes:

Just to check, does the "Local Probe Device" have credentials entered for "Windows Monitoring" (as these are used for this sensor)?

Created on Nov 8, 2012 2:38:07 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Yes it does have domain windows credentials entered, the sensor is set to inherit from the probe. I have tried setting them as well however this has made no change.

Created on Nov 8, 2012 10:04:29 PM

Votes:

Can you please send us a few screenshots showing this via email to [email protected]?

Created on Nov 9, 2012 3:32:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Important note: The Windows Last Update (Remote Registry) sensor is deprecated as of PRTG version 16.1.23.

Please see the following article for more details and possible alternatives:

Created on Mar 21, 2016 4:59:08 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.