What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No available interfaces on this device (code: PE049)

Votes:

I have two nearly identical Del PowerEdge T410s. I installed OpenManage, and setup SNMP on both of them, the configurations are identical. On the first one I was able to add Dell Hardware sensors without a problem, on the second one I keep getting the error "No available interfaces on this device (code: PE049)" and I cannot seem to figure out why. I have uninstalled OpenManage and SNMP and re-installed and configured them with no luck.

dell error openmanage ptg snmp

Created on Nov 1, 2012 4:20:11 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

hello,

try scanning against your second dell using our free SNMP Tester

https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester

does SNMP work at all? maybe just scan for device uptime.

make sure you are not scanning against the iDRAC interface!

Created on Nov 2, 2012 7:30:38 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Scanning from the second Dell works fine. It returns the device uptime with no problems. However the main probe still cannot see SNMP traffic. The Windows firewalls are off on both Dells, and they are behind the same hardware firewall. Everything looks fine on the firewall, so I am stumped as to why one works and one does not.

Created on Nov 5, 2012 3:03:15 PM

Votes:

SNMP is working to the main probe as well as I am able to add an SNMP System Uptime sensor, and it is working without a problem.

Created on Nov 5, 2012 4:42:32 PM

Votes:

This problem has been resolved. I did a repair install of OpenManage, it recommended installing some SNMP drivers for Broadcom NICs. After doing these two things, SNMP monitoring of the Dell hardware is working properly.

Created on Nov 5, 2012 5:11:54 PM

Votes:

good to hear that it is working now

Created on Nov 6, 2012 5:39:42 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.