What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Event Log Reader - monitor all sources

Votes:

I want to use the PRTG Network Monitor to indicate whenever a new warning or error enters the log. I simply want to have any new errors or warnings (it's a small organisation) show up on the Dashboard.

Because I need total events not events / second, I'm using the EventLogReader.exe custom/exe sensor. I have installed the event log reader and it works correctly, but I can only get one source at a time. Is there a way to have the EventLogReader.exe produce reports from all sources in the one event log or do I need sepereate sensors for each log?

Thanks in advance

event-log eventlog prtg

Created on Nov 5, 2012 12:07:07 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

you could simply create the sensor several times and then aggregate with the Sensor Factory.

best regards.

Created on Nov 5, 2012 2:31:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.