New Question

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use.
Easy to manage.

200.000 administrators have chosen PRTG to monitor their network. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free PRTG
Download >>

What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general. You are invited to get involved by asking and answering questions!

Learn more

Top Tags

View all Tags

What's the login name and password for the PRTG web interface and Enterprise Console? How to change?

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

I want to log into the PRTG web interface but I have forgotten my user name and password for the login.

• Where can I change credentials?
  • What's the default login?

credentials enterprise-console installation login password prtg server-administrator web-interface

Created on Feb 3, 2010 11:37:27 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 18, 2015 10:18:42 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 16.4.28 or later

PRTG Web Interface and Enterprise Console Login Information

In a fresh installation of PRTG Network Monitor, the default credentials for the user interface are:

• Login Name: prtgadmin
  • Password: prtgadmin

These are the credentials unless you changed them during setup.

You can change login name or password in the PRTG web interface under Setup | Account Settings | My Account , or you open the PRTG Administration Tool on the machine the PRTG core server is running on.

The PRTG Administration Tool is a Windows application that you find in your Start Menu. In the Administrator tab, you can change the credentials. Click Save & Close to finish and confirm the restart of Windows services.

PRTG Administration Tool
PRTG Administration Tool

Note: In previous PRTG versions, use the "PRTG Server Administrator" program to change credentials.

Created on Feb 3, 2010 11:50:39 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 18, 2017 3:00:04 PM by  Brandy Mauff [Paessler Support]

Please log in or register to enter your reply.

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.