What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Geo Map Provider

Votes:

I was wondering if any one could shed some light on a problem I'm having with the Geo Maps. I Have been test out PRTG for the last 5 days and I have managed to set up everything the way I want it apart from the Geo Maps. I can't get the nice Icons on the map due to being forced into using Google maps. This is the only one i can get to work and I was wondering if any one else is having this problem or knows what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks

Latham

cloudmade geo-maps google-maps mapquest maps nokia

Created on Nov 6, 2012 9:38:42 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
to use the other Geo Maps provider than Google, the PRTG server needs access to the internet, to at least the addresses mentioned here.
When the PRTG Server can access the mentioned domains, the Geo Maps should be shown.
Best regards

Created on Nov 7, 2012 9:31:55 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Does this work over proxy? OR do I have to work around that?

Created on Nov 8, 2012 12:54:04 AM

Votes:

Hi,
this depends on the version of PRTG you are using. In version 12 we introduced a proxy function which will also work with the geo maps.
To enable the same please go to Setup | System & Website | section Proxy Configuration.
In earlier version I'm afraid this won't work.
Best regards

Created on Nov 8, 2012 6:44:06 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm not able to launch GeoMap. I have inserted new Geo API Key under system & website. Also I have the latest version of PRTG v 9.2.0.2176. Did try to google and advice from it is to add a system object. That's confusing steps...

Created on Nov 9, 2012 11:24:31 AM

Votes:

@briangoh: Please try first updating to the most recent version of PRTG 12.4.6.3230. If this is not possible, please try switching the PRTG web interface to SSL and make sure the geo maps are enabled at all (Setup | System & Website | section Geo Maps) .
Best regards

Created on Nov 9, 2012 12:24:30 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.