What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to adjust the subject in the Email Probe emails?

Votes:

I have an email probe setup and working well, it sends an email to my work address and the rule I have set replies to it, the probe reads the tag from the subject and confirms the round trip of the email.

Now I want to monitor the operation of a Blackberry handheld, if I send a Blackberry an email with <confirm> in the beginning of the subject the handheld will reply to confirm receipt of the email (no need for a rule).

So can I add <confirm> to the beginning of the probe email's subject?

So: PRTG Roundtrip Mail: {B0FC7E40-AEE7-45E8-94DA-90AA22877862}

Becomes: <confirm> PRTG Roundtrip Mail: {B0FC7E40-AEE7-45E8-94DA-90AA22877862}

Thanks,

probe prtg subject

Created on Nov 7, 2012 7:32:43 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

This is not currently possible, but such a feature will be added in the future, albeit I would be hard pressed to let you know exactly when. Please bear with us.

Created on Nov 8, 2012 2:36:09 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.