What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I modify the font size of devimenu on map

Votes:

Hi I'm trying to customize the layout of my map so it will fit a large monitor in our room. I have a device listed with four group that each has five devices.

In customerstyle.ccs i can easily modify the Group object .map_object .groupmenu{ font-size:36px; } ...so I can see the text from the other end of the room, but trying to modify the device with something like .map_object .devicemenu{ font-size:24px; } ...does not work.

It seems that all font's on the maps are optimized for close screen viewing. How can I change the size of font on the devices?

One thing i noticed was that in the html there is no space before the classdefinition. thisid="2095"class="devicemenu Could it be that this is an error that causes the devicerendering in the maps to always stay at default values? (just a thought)

css device font-size map

Created on Nov 10, 2012 6:45:05 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Please try with:

.map_object .devicemenu{ font-size:24px !important; }

The "!important;" entry should solve this.

Created on Nov 12, 2012 3:23:44 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

At first glance - yes this should do the trick...but it doesn't

I might add, that I'm using the "Device tree Small" as I only want a series of boxes for each device, showing the color. The traffic light as the bosses like to call it.

In this menu I have the Group name "Test / Build / Production" in large font, and in each category, i have 5 subsystems, each in a box with a background color.

If i use any of the other rendering methods, I get all kinds of silly things - response-times, boxes for each senoser and so on. We need it simple.

Looking in the css (hitting f12 in explorer, then looking at "computed stylesheet" i see that the file prtg.sensortree.css has a definition for

div.sensortreesmall div.dev{

font-size: 11px!important;

...and similar a lot of other places. and i think the styles get confused by the many 11px!Important so it's not possible for me to change it.

Does it work for you guys, or did you just guess?

Created on Nov 12, 2012 7:33:08 PM

Votes:

Our bad, sorry. It should actually be:

.map_object #sensortreebox a.devicemenu {
    font-size:24px !important;
}

This needs to be defined in the styles_custom.css file under C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\css

Created on Nov 16, 2012 9:55:57 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Dec 6, 2016 11:44:37 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Indeed - this helps me change the font-size. However changing this to e.g. 24px just overflows the box so I can only see the top 2 pixels of the font. Apparently I need to change to boxsize (and box spacing) as well. I tried with

.map_object #sensortreebox a.devicemenu {
    font-size:24px !important;
   height:60px !important;
}

..but that did not seem to work.

Maybe you have more styling tricks to use?

Created on Nov 18, 2012 10:59:21 AM

Votes:

Add

.map_object div.sensortreesmall div.row div.dev, div.sensortreesmall div.dev > a {
    height: 80px !important;
}

to the styles_custom.css file under C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\css

Created on Nov 21, 2012 12:32:32 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Dec 6, 2016 11:47:42 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.