What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Probe notify when server is down

Votes:

I have prtg installed in our main network and a probe on Amazon cs2 notifying if any of the public IP addresses go down.

How can I set up the probe to notify me if the main server is uncountable, for example if our main connection is down?

downtime notification probe

Created on Nov 20, 2012 12:49:40 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm sorry, but the Probes cannot execute notificaitons. This is not possible. Such a scenario could be solved with the PRTG Cluster though. Install the failover-node in the Amazon Cloud instance, and only put the sensors targeting the public IPs of your organization, under the Cluster Probe. If the Cluster looses then connection between the nodes, the Failover Instance in the Amazon Cloud can still notify you.

best regards.

Created on Nov 20, 2012 3:43:55 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.